5 Tips to Help You Commit to a
Regular Walking Routine
- Commit to doing it. Just like any new lifestyle activity, you’ll want to make sure you “practice what you preach.” Start by simply making a commitment to walking more frequently.
- Put a plan together that you can realistically follow. Write down your goals such as walking two city blocks a day. Write down increments of how many blocks you want to accomplish by when, such as after 30 days you want to get up to a mile five days a week.
- Sign up for reminders. Use whatever reminders you need to tell yourself it’s time to get out and walk.
- Share your goals with family and friends. Tell people what you are doing. They may want to join you on your walks which will extend the possibility for making walking more fun.
- Don’t be too hard on yourself.