How to Stay Healthy While Traveling
Summer |sum·mer| noun: a time for traveling to new places, expanding your worldview, learning new cultures, and making quality memories with friends and family
Maybe the above definition isn’t the exact definition of summer that you would find in the dictionary, but we are willing to bet it’s accurate for a lot of you! Summer is a popular time to plan vacations. Vacations are wonderful, and our brains crave new experiences, but it can also be stressful on your health.
So, how do you make sure you stay healthy while traveling? Here are five ways to stay healthy on your next vacation:
- Stay hydrated — While traveling, it can be easy to become dehydrated. Dehydration can make you feel tired, have muscle cramps, headaches, dizziness, and even worse. Make it a habit of yours to carry a water bottle with you at all times! Your brain and body will thank you!
- Take your time — Don’t try and see all of the landmarks in one day. Try to spread out your plans over the course of a few days. This will allow you to become more familiar with the area and the culture and allow you to really get to know the city.
- Eat your breakfast — Don’t forget to eat breakfast before starting your day! Eating breakfast will give you the proper fuel and much-needed energy to take on the city.
- Walk, walk, walk — Walk as much as you can! You will not only get your exercise in, but you will also be able to slow down and truly learn about the city.
- Enjoy yourself — Don’t be afraid to indulge a little bit when you travel! You’d be surprised how much you can learn about a different culture just from the local cuisine! After a long day of adventuring, we won’t tell anyone if you have that extra scoop of gelato.