Recover From a Long Weekend
Did you take an extended weekend to celebrate the 4th of July? Extended weekends usually are accompanied by spending time with family & friends, lots of eating, and staying up later than usual. Getting back on track can be tough. Here are some tips to help you clean up your diet and restore the balance in your body after a long weekend.
8 Ways to Help You Recover From a Long Weekend:
- Start early. Give yourself a head start on the day and drink a cup of hot lemon water or tea right away in the morning.
- Make a to-do list. Create a plan for the week prioritizing what needs to get done.
- Water, water, water. Drinking lots of water will help flush out the toxins from any not-so-healthy food choices and undo a lack of water consumption.
- Exercise. When you don’t feel like working out is when you need to work out. Get back into your exercise routine the following day after a vacation. A yoga sequence full of twists and forward bends will also help flush out toxins.
- Stretch. Your muscles may be stiff from the weekend. Stretching will lengthen your muscles to help you feel more relaxed and mobile throughout the week.
- Get back to healthy eating. This doesn’t mean you should not eat at all the next day, skipping meals could potentially slow down your metabolism. Eat three meals a day full of green veggies, lean proteins, complex high fiber carbs, and healthy fats.
- Drink green tea. Green tea is full of antioxidants!
- Have a green smoothie. Drinking a green smoothie made with spinach will help you feel fuller longer and give you an additional nutrient boost.