Are you doing everything you can to avoid the flu? Read on for our tips on how you can try to avoid the flu.
How to Avoid the Flu
Are you doing everything you can to avoid the flu? Typically October through February is the peak of flu season, where typically 5%-20% of the US population will get the flu. While there’s no way to completely guarantee immunity, these tips may help you avoid the dreaded flu. Read on for our tips on how you can try to avoid the flu this year.
1. Wash your hands. This may seem like common sense, but we thought we’d reiterate the importance of this. After you touch anything that is shared by others – a water cooler, a telephone, keyboard, wash your hands under warm water with soap. Be sure to dry completely!
2. Keep your distance. Keep some distance between you and someone who is coughing, sneezing, or showing other signs of illness. Experts suggest a distance of roughly three feet. The flu virus travels through the air, and it’s thought that the virus can fly around three feet, so if you can, keep this distance between you two.
3. Rest. One of the easiest ways you can avoid the flu is by resting! Your body needs to get its rest in order to perform at top function. If your body doesn’t have adequate rest, and too much stress, this can actually make you more likely to come down with illness.
4. Eat the right foods. Make sure you are feeding your body the vitamins and nutrients it needs. This includes eating lots of fruits and veggies. Berries and veggies from the cabbage family are at the top of our list! Kale is also good for your brain, as it is a good source of Omega-3s!
5. Get the shot. Last, but not least, get your flu shot. This is the easiest way to avoid the flu. Even with the flu shot, you may still get other strains of the flu, but it will likely be less severe.
Stay healthy this season! As long as you follow these tips, we have confidence that you will avoid the flu.