While traveling is incredible, it also comes with added stress and has the potential to take a toll on your body.
Stay Healthy While Traveling with These Simple Tips
Will you be doing a lot of traveling this fall? While traveling is incredible, it also comes with added stress and has the potential to take a toll on your body. From changing time zones to indulging in rich foods to failing to get enough rest, it’s easy to start feeling run down.
If you tend to get sick when you travel, or after you travel, it’s time to start taking preventive measures. Here are a few tips you can use to stay healthy while you’re traveling this fall.
- Tip #1 – Get Smart with Your Carryon – Carry essentials like hand sanitizer to fight germs, disinfecting wipes, a travel pillow, nasal spray, extra water, and a light blanket or shawl to make sure you stay warm.
- Tip #2 – Log Enough Sleep Each Night – As you’re toting around luggage, crossing time zones, and spending more time active, your body needs extra rest. Make sure you’re getting enough rest, and take a nap if you need to.
- Tip #3 – Stay Away From Sick People – If you notice people who are coughing, sniffling, or sneezing while you’re traveling, stay as far away as possible so you don’t get their germs.
- Tip #4 – Get Some Exercise – Whether you’re traveling for business or on a vacation, take time to get some exercise. Hit up the hotel gym, go for a walk, or get creative in your room with yoga poses, pushups, or other favorite exercises.
- Tip #5 – Be Sure to Hydrate – It’s easy to get dehydrated while traveling, especially if you’re traveling by air. And since you don’t want to spend all your time in the bathroom, you may not drink as much as you need. Have water with you all the time, and drink it. You’ll lower your risk of getting sick.
- Tip #6 – Skip the Sugary and Alcoholic Drinks – Want to feel better while traveling, skip those sugary and alcoholic drinks. They’ll dehydrate you, and they’ll increase your calorie intake. Have that amazing dessert you’ve been eyeing instead.
- Tip #7 – Take Vitamins – It’s often tough to get all the nutrients your body needs when you travel. Take a good multi-vitamin to ensure you’re getting what you need.
Enjoy your adventure and stay healthy with these tips. Don’t forget to tune in next week. We’ll be talking about how fall affects your brain. You’ll be surprised!